Sunday, July 31, 2011

A look at the last month

So today, July 31, 2011, Harry Potter turns 31 (the man, not the book itself) and if I had my friends Michelle and Mike, I would party hard with them.  Perhaps one day we'll live closer then Coral Springs and Atlanta.  Who are these people you may ask?  Well let me tell you.  Last year at Dragoncon I attended the Yule ball on Saturday night.  No one would go with me so I was forced to go alone.  Upon my arrival in full Hogwarts uniform, I was approached by a small girl who asked me if I was there to volunteer.  I told her no but she said if I volunteered I could go in early.  SO, I did it and got into the room.  First things first, hang the streamers.  This is when I met Mike.  He and I hung streamers on a few doorways, and across one whole side of the room.  Then came the balloons.  I was quick to jump on it.  That night Michelle and I made uneven but symmetrical balloons for the chairs.  I stayed pretty close to her before finding out that they were engaged and we partied all night.  They even walked me back to my hotel so I wouldn't get kidnapped and killed.  Since then they have been married and we've communicated every week if not every few days and it's torture.  I can't wait for Dragoncon.  It's the only time I get to see them both.

This last month has been a blast and I'm going to sum it up for you with a line of photos and a few stories ranging from the adorable to the utterly disgusting.

The month started off pretty well.  I drove to central FL, and stayed with Reyna for a night and Jessica for the next two.  The day I came in I picked up my brother and we drove to the condo of our Mother's friend.  Mom had no idea I would be in town and it had been two long months since I had seen her.  Ross knocked on the door and I got to waltz in behind him and mom flipped.  I was happy to see her almost in tears. I wasn't happy to see my mother almost cry, but I was happy that I made her happy!  Anyway, the following night was the 4th.  Ross (my brother) and Jeremy (my cousin) blew stuff up in the backyard.

The show was amazing and although it was interrupted by a trail of dog poop in the house, it was fun none the less.  Some fireworks did not go off as planned and hit things they shouldn't have, but isn't that the fun part?

Now my brother is dating a woman named Amanda.  She is the sweetest craziest chick ever and I love her.  This is the only one of his girl friends I have ever liked.  She's just adorable and tall.  I actually enjoy hanging out with her.  Here's the thing.  She lives 4 hours from Ross and so they don't get to see each other too often anymore.  However Skype makes for a great communication device in these cases. 

The following weekend Jessica drove down to Coral Springs for the first time.  She came down for one specific purpose and she made me so happy.  You see that weekend was huge.  July 15, 2011 was the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.  So on the 14th at around 10pm we were sitting in our theater waiting for the show to begin.  Of course the midnight audience are the most devoted fans.  They make it so much better then going when it's not so crowded.  Laughing at the right moments, deafening silence at others, and screams for all the right things.  The show was bitter sweet.  I cried, I laughed, and I saw a huge portion of my life, a huge obsession of mine come to a comfortable end.  Of course we all know Harry Potter is never over.  Fan fiction will always be there.  Pottermore,com will be something new to see.  The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will allow us to see it again, and the books will always be there.  One day, when my children turn 11 (I plan on having twins) I will have Hogwarts letters sent to the house.  Then we'll get in the car and go to the Wizarding World.  It will be magical and so much better then Disney.

Now work has been a bit of an adventure.  Yes, I am still with PetSmart and I have not heard from Girl Scouts just yet.  So for the first time in a very long time, I was asked to come in at 7am.  I have no qualm with going in so early, but I just hate waking up at 5am for that is all.  Who wants to go to bed early to wake up before the sun has dried the grass?  Not me.  So anyway, when I got there I came in to find a manager and stocker unpacking and I saw the strangest inserts for packing I have ever seen.  So I snapped a pic.

The following days were pretty quiet until we found a spider.  She was black with litte white arrows on her butt.  She reminded me an avatar from The Last Air Bender.  Now before any of you say "OH MAH GAWD!  I LUVD THAT MOOVEE!" I am talking strictly about the cartoon series.  I did enjoy that movie as it's own entity, but as a movie based off a series it can fall off a cliff.  Anyway, I decided it was a female because it was good looking and we named her Kiyoshi.  Unfortunately our petcare manager said no and made us throw her away.  We did make her a litter habitat in that cup and everything.  In less then 10 minutes she has a web going.  It was impressive indeed.

So on July 21 I got to drive down to Coral Gables for a trainers meeting.  Again, that was impressive.  I have never been to Miami before.  Big city, way too much traffic, and way too many people who can not drive.  So much to do though.  Why did you have to drive that far for a meeting, you may ask.  There are two PetSmarts in South Florida that have a PetsHotel.  So even though the other was closer to me, more trainers were in distance to the one South of Miami.  So on I drove.  Miami is impressive.

On return the days passed with very little news.  Then renovations started in the house.  My bathroom is going to be so pretty when it's finished.  I will show you pics of before and after when it's finished.  Also my bedroom has been painted and I've begun to movie things in.  Right now it's a big empty wood floored room.  Perfect for dancing, yoga, Wii, and exercising.  I'm so excited.

In our adoption center at work, there are so many cats going and coming.  However this one hasn't even had an adoption application yet.  His name is Charlie.  Charlie likes to smack people as they walk by.  He has claws though so sometimes he catches you.  I wish someone would adopt him, if for nothing more then to stop him from grabbing people as they walk by.

So just yesterday I was walking the isles when I was alerted to a kind of smell.  A sort of smelly smell one smells when something smells smelly.  For those who don't know this, I find it a personal mission to with the smelly smell game.  When you are walking through a petfood store and you smell something... something foul.  Something that could be classified as a reeking stink, something is open and rotting.  Call me.  I will find it in less then 5 minutes.  I will find it, take a picture, tell everyone, then have someone else clean it.  This last evening was just such an occasion as a smell smelled it's way up the aisle.  What the hell did you smell?  I smelled... THIS.

Ladies and gentlemen I would like to introduce you to Alpo.  Alpo is an extremely low quality dog food.  This particular case has cracked open when an employee stacked way too many can on top and one can busted open.  The maggots has eaten the color off the can labels.  That second black spot up from the O in Alpo is a spider.  The little black spots are bullweavles and dead moths. 

In more pleasent news, here are the dogs I met over July.

7-week-old Long haired Chihuahua

10-month-old Vizsla Hound

9-week-old Beagle "Max"

12-week-old Siberian Husky "Sunny"
Starting puppy class!  Growing pictures will be available!

12-week-old Bull Terrior
Starting puppy class!

And finally after a long month of dogs, drama, and driving I am finally moving into August.  So I made a little picture gif of myself doing myself up for a day of sales at work.  Gotta look good if you want to sell classes.

See you all in August!


  1. Oh mannnn... I had written out a long response, only to have it disappear. *grumbles*

    It's great to see that you are doing well, Sara! You should tag me in posts so I know when to read :)